Flock of Seagulls

Flock of Seagulls

Monday, March 7, 2016

Yellow

Yellow Buoy I 14'x16" Black metal frame/white mat $300

As we set up the board, I reached for the brightest Trivial Pursuit game piece.  My opponent commented, "Yellow!  That's a healing color!" That statement pops into my head more often than not when my mind has focused on the color yellow, even though more than a quarter century has passed since we played that game one Sunday afternoon.

Sunflower Gold 8"x8" Modern Gallery wood/canvas $115
Golden, lemon, sunshine. 
 
Light, glowing, dawn.


Amber, saffron, sand.


Crystal, canary, cream.


Sunflower, Daffodil, Pansy, Crocus, Black-Eyed Susan, Daylily,  Coreopsis, Tansy, Buttercup.





Just thinking about the essence of yellow, and all its alternative names, brings daylight to my soul. 
 
Sunflower Barn  11"x14" Soft Gold metal frame w/mat $175



                                                                            


Science has studied the effect of color on moods, even appetites.  I'm drawn to golden yellow as fall turns into winter and the Sunflowers in my garden droop their seed-laden heads.


Sunflower Blue 11"x11" Black frame/white mat $195




                 I tend toward bright yellow in the dark days of winter.  I'm enchanted by the lemon yellow crocus blooming in the earliest of spring mornings, as I think toward the sunshine-filled days of summer.  There is Light in the color yellow.  Can you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment